Today was the due date to hand in a draft of the RS for the second tutorial with Gareth. The paper has gone through numerous transformations and bears little resemblance to what I started out with. I started with something, although interesting, that did not have much bearing on contemporary art or my practice. It was more a case of extending one of my numerous hobby horses.
It has not been easy to shed so many interesting ideas but the exercise has clarified a great many others. I have managed to talk about contemporary concerns, touched on the future and most importantly made a deeply relevant contribution to my project proposal and practice in general.
Subject matter and content are complete but I still have a number of things to do, namely:
- Finalise the title;
- finish correlating the abstract with the body’s content;
- make sure introduction covers all the points needed;
- tidy text for grammar, syntax, make sure it makes sense, and tighten up the text;
- ensure points are sequential so that the narrative flows coherently;
- add anything that helps clarity;
- reflect on the conclusion;
- elaborate and complete the diagrams from the sketches;
- complete citations and bibliography.